ATM income and taxes — what you should know
Posted by: Jeff on January 15, 2019
This time every year, we receive many calls regarding ATM income and taxes.
Those receiving income on an ATM are required to report this ATM income as part of their general business income. Keep in mind, income is only ATM surcharge monies not ATM vault cash, which is the money dispensed from the ATM.
If you have access to PAI Reports, you can find this ATM income by running a bank deposits report. Here’s how:
- Log into PAI Reports.
- Click on the green square in the top-left corner of the home page.
- On the search menu line, type “bank deposits”
- Change the date in the Settlement Date field to “01/01/2018 – 12/31/2018”
- Type the last four digits of the bank account number the ATM is using in the “Acct #” field.
- Click run report.
- The line named “Terminal Surcharge” is your ATM income for the year. You can export this data into an Excel document by scrolling down and in the bottom-right corner you can click “Go” next to the box that says Open CSV file in Excel.