ATMs make more money with value-added programs!
Let’s start with GivePay, which allows you to sell gift cards and cellular minutes through the ATM. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, GivePay Commerce is a FinTech that offers innovative ATM and POS payments solutions. The GivePay Gift Card Mall introduces new ways to give a gift or pay for wireless via retail ATMs instantly.
Merchants with GivePay on their ATM(s), make between $1-$1.50 per gift card purchase depending on the type of card purchased and dollar amount loaded to the card. This money is paid to the merchant once a month on the 15th day of the following month.
Here’s a brief tutorial of what happens when someone purchases a gift card at the ATM, or you can click here to watch a video of a gift card transaction.
- Customer may choose to Give a Gift or Pay for Wireless. If they elect to give a gift, they’re presented with categories and cards to help them easily find the perfect gift.
- After choosing a gift card, customers can add an animated greeting. This helps personalize the gift and adds a little fun to the message.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number. Customers will be asked for the recipient’s number as well as their own.
- After transaction approval, customers will receive a confirmation text notifying that their gift card was delivered.
- GivePay utilizes best practices and industry standards to comply with applicable TCPA rules and regulations. After choosing a gift card, an amount, and an optional animated greeting, the final total is displayed for confirmation. This includes all totals, fees, offers, and the ability to view terms and conditions.
- Customer security is a top priority. In addition to pin validation, zip code verification is a requirement to complete each sale. GivePay enforces TLS 1.2 encryption throughout the transaction flow process. GivePay operates a PCI DSS compliant platform, and card numbers are never stored.
- Gift Cards are sent in text messages from updated ATMs via the GivePay platform in real-time. Customers can send a funny happy birthday video and gift card to friends or family across the country for use that same day. Tap the GivePay text to view and redeem instantly or save for later. Some cards can be saved to Apple Pay or Google Pay wallet for future use.
ATMs must be processing over the internet to offer GivePay, and have a mainboard with enough memory to operate the program. To find out if your ATM can do GivePay, give our office a call at 855-764-2867 or email email@example.com.
We have also partnered with LibertyX to allow merchants to sell bitcoin at the ATM. LibertyX is America’s largest network of bitcoin ATMs, cashiers, and kiosks. Merchants make 1% of the total purchase on each bitcoin transaction.
Here’s how it works. (Click here to see video):
- In order to purchase bitcoin, customers must have a LibertyX bitcoin wallet, which takes seconds to create. LibertyX is currently seeing around 10,000 downloads per day of their bitcoin wallet.
- Customers can use the LibertyX store locator and find an ATM location near you. Use the filter to select “ATM” to only show ATM locations.
- Browse the List View or Map View until you find the location you want to visit.
- Click the location and click “Purchase bitcoin here”.
- Scan the QR code or paste your bitcoin address
- Specify how quickly you would like the bitcoin to arrive.
- Your LibertyX order number will be displayed.
- Click the “LibertyX” button the lower right hand corner of the ATM screen.
- Enter your LibertyX order number from step 8.
- Enter your purchase amount.
- Insert your debit card (CREDIT CARDS NOT ACCEPTED).
- Enter your PIN #.
- Bitcoin is sent!
If you would like to sell bitcoin at your ATM, please give our office a call at 855-764-2867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.